The Park Inn Heathrow Airport hotel is well known for its four-star accommodation, conference facilities and amenities just minutes from the airport. What may not be quite so well known, however, is its commitment to reducing its carbon footprint.
The hotel offers Bespoke Banqueting, focused on providing excellent service in a pleasurable environment. As the name suggests, each event is tailored to the needs of the attendees and planned down to the last detail to ensure it goes off without a hitch.
The hotel was also the first at Heathrow to achieve gold accreditation by the Green Tourism Business Scheme in 2010 following its implementation of a number of environmentally friendly initiatives. These include:
- Energy efficient lighting for the whole hotel
- Recycling initiatives both in the hotel and for their suppliers
- Key card activation of automated room heating/cooling systems
- The creation of a bird and wildlife space at the hotel
- Fair trade tea, coffee and sugar and recycled toilet paper in all bedrooms
It’s good to know that hotels are looking for ways to reduce their environmental impact in what can be quite a wasteful industry. Hopefully, more hotels will take their lead from examples such as the Park Inn Heathrow and take measures to reduce their environmental impact.